The Student Room Group

University is making me ill

I am in the third year and I have only just realised that being at university is making me ill, both mentally and physically.

What do I do about this?
Original post by Anonymous
I am in the third year and I have only just realised that being at university is making me ill, both mentally and physically.

What do I do about this?

Speak to a doctor and your university's student services/support/mental health team (depending on what is available. Speaking to friends and family could also widen your support system
Reply 2
Original post by flamingolover
Speak to a doctor and your university's student services/support/mental health team (depending on what is available. Speaking to friends and family could also widen your support system

I did this and nothing changed.
Original post by Anonymous
I did this and nothing changed.

Unfortunately i can't help especially when i don't know specific issues
Reply 4
Original post by flamingolover
Unfortunately i can't help especially when i don't know specific issues

ok
Reply 5
If you need someone to talk to you can dm me, I wouldn’t mind hearing more about what is going on :smile: being at university I’ve experienced some of the flaws of our education system
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by _np02_
If you need someone to talk to you can dm me, I wouldn’t mind hearing more about what is going on :smile: being at university I’ve experienced some of the flaws of our education system

I will try to thanks
Reply 7
The University is obliged to make certain accommodations if you're not well or suffering sone long term disability or health issue, but they will only go so far.

Without knowing details it is hard for us to give any specific direction or advice. Generally, a letter from a doctor is enough to force a bit of change should a change be warranted. It's important to note that sometimes, change is not warranted.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
It's a few years since I graduated and I walked through my local university campus the other day, as I had reason to be in that part of town and you can do a short cut if you walk straight through the campus. I also stopped by at the students union to grab a cheap sandwich. It was very busy. Really, I'm not surprised it's having a bad effect on you. I had forgotten how competitive the atmosphere there was, I thought the vibe was pretty unfriendly with lots of the students coming over up themselves and pretty rude really (like on my way out of the union, this young bloke let the door swing back in my face, which I think he did on purpose). I would go crazy if someone put me in that environment again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending