The Student Room Group

Kicked out of university for not attending exams at the end of my first year

Hello, so it's pretty much explained in the title what happened. I would 100% like to keep studying what I went to uni for (biomedical science) but I have absolutely no idea what I should do right now. How would I go about applying, how would funding work, the whole nine yards.

Any and all help would be immensely appreciated, thank you for reading
Apply via ucas as before. List your incomplete undergrad study. You’ll likely be fully funded if you’ve only used a year of finance.

Don’t rush into anything. Resolve what went wrong first. You only get one restart before you have to self fund at least year 1.
Original post by mugoftea413
Hello, so it's pretty much explained in the title what happened. I would 100% like to keep studying what I went to uni for (biomedical science) but I have absolutely no idea what I should do right now. How would I go about applying, how would funding work, the whole nine yards.

Any and all help would be immensely appreciated, thank you for reading

Hey!
I'm sorry to hear about what happened. First, I would recommend that you speak to the academic advisor or department chair of your previous program to see if there are any options for you to appeal your dismissal or reapply to the program. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, there may be a possibility for you to continue your studies.

If that is not an option, you can explore other universities or colleges that offer a biomedical science program. You can start by doing research online, checking university rankings, and looking at the admission requirements for each program.

When it comes to funding, there are different options available such as student loans, grants, scholarships, and bursaries. You can check with the universities you're interested in to see what kind of financial support they offer to their students. Additionally, you can look for external funding opportunities from organizations or charities that support education in your field of study.

When applying, make sure to carefully read the admission requirements and follow the application instructions. Depending on the university, you may need to submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. It's also important to meet the application deadlines and pay attention to any additional requirements, such as interviews or entrance exams.

Overall, it's important to stay positive and focus on your goals. There are many paths to achieving your dream career, and setbacks can be overcome with perseverance and determination. Good luck!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Your story smells fishy. Universities have to allow you to resit a failed module. Ok, so you did not turn up to an exam at the end of the semester. That will lead to you being given a fail mark for that module and the option to take the resit exam later in the year. If you did not attend the resit exam or fail the resit exam then yes, the uni will kick you out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending