The Student Room Group

Putting down deposits for multiple UK Postgrads

Is it ok to put deposits down for multiple postgraduate courses? I have two offers, one of which requires a 1:1 and the other which requires a 2:1. Unfortunately I received the former months earlier and had to accept it due to the deadlines, but as my average is exactly 70% it could go either way. I want to also put down a deposit for the other uni so I am guaranteed a place next year.

Is this allowed? The unis in question are UCL and Imperial, I read through all of their T+Cs and Policies and could not find anything saying I cannot do this, so I am wondering if anyone has done this and it has been ok/not ok.
Hi,
I am not sure what the answer is to this but would recommend contacting the admissions teams for both universities just to make sure.
I assume that if you pay a deposit for both postgraduate courses you will likely not be able to get the money back despite only continuing to study at one but, like I said, to be on the safe side, I would double check with the admissions teams just so you don't accidentally get yourself in a muddle and end up having to pay for both universities!

Abbie :smile:
University of Southampton, Postgraduate Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending