The Student Room Group

what is life at eton college / harrow / winchester / tonbridge etc like?

purely out of curiosity !! if you basically go to a non-magic version of hogwarts...
- how does your morning start?
- what's the dynamic between the teachers and students like?
- what books do you get set, and what books do you read for fun, if at all?
- given that it's all boys, what's the social dynamic like? are there still 'cliques'? lots of quirky people?
Reply 1
or other boarding schools in england and scotland :smile:
Reply 2
What year are you in?
Reply 3
Original post by IRHH09
What year are you in?

12, why?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

12, why?

If it were the case that you were in year 10, you could have applied for a scholarship
Reply 5
I'll tell you what, I have a competition at Harrow on the Sunday after next, Eton students will also be there, I will ask them (students and teachers from both schools) about their experiences. And quite obviously, update you.
Reply 6
Leave any questions be it the case you deem any necessary
Original post by IRHH09
I'll tell you what, I have a competition at Harrow on the Sunday after next, Eton students will also be there, I will ask them (students and teachers from both schools) about their experiences. And quite obviously, update you.

That is very nice of you.
Reply 8
Original post by IRHH09

Ah that's great, thank you! I'm mainly curious about what sorts of books, film, music etc they like and which ones they're required to read/learn about! also if there's any funny stories about boarding life haha
Reply 9
Original post by IRHH09
If it were the case that you were in year 10, you could have applied for a scholarship

ohh ok haha thanks that's nice of you, I'm a girl though x
Reply 10
Well, it is a whole day competition, debate specifically, I will ask any questions you leave, leave as many as you feel necessary.
Reply 11
Original post by IRHH09
Well, it is a whole day competition, debate specifically, I will ask any questions you leave, leave as many as you feel necessary.

ooh good luck! I look forward to hearing about it :smile:)
Reply 12
Sorry about the wait, I have been quite busy since, so I have not had the time to respond. On that note then, it was a wonderful experience, I met quite a few students, asked them about their experience and admissions. With regards to the campus itself, Harrow was quite the school, the grounds seemed almost endless. Due to the school being on uneven terrain, mainly being quite high up, the views were nothing short of spectacular. The buildings themselves were full of art and sculptures, one of the halls was massive, each chair had a name on the back. The students, were all great people, even though it was a Sunday, they wore uniforms.
Reply 13
Original post by IRHH09
Sorry about the wait, I have been quite busy since, so I have not had the time to respond. On that note then, it was a wonderful experience, I met quite a few students, asked them about their experience and admissions. With regards to the campus itself, Harrow was quite the school, the grounds seemed almost endless. Due to the school being on uneven terrain, mainly being quite high up, the views were nothing short of spectacular. The buildings themselves were full of art and sculptures, one of the halls was massive, each chair had a name on the back. The students, were all great people, even though it was a Sunday, they wore uniforms. .

I know that no one else responded since they might've forgotten, but I appreciate you for the update.
Reply 14
Original post by Akin Ade

I know that no one else responded since they might've forgotten, but I appreciate you for the update.

Anytime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending