The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do

My mum got my dad a gift and he couldn't care less. He just left it and told my mum to open it, he then proceeded to tell my mum what a stupid gift/waste of money. My mum was really upset by this because she thinks he doesn't care about her and was crying afterwards

I don't know what to do, can anyone please give me some advice? I don't think we can even return it because the security protection seal tape was removed

My mum is just so sad now, and it breaks my heart because she bought the present so lovingly
Original post by Anonymous
My mum got my dad a gift and he couldn't care less. He just left it and told my mum to open it, he then proceeded to tell my mum what a stupid gift/waste of money. My mum was really upset by this because she thinks he doesn't care about her and was crying afterwards

I don't know what to do, can anyone please give me some advice? I don't think we can even return it because the security protection seal tape was removed

My mum is just so sad now, and it breaks my heart because she bought the present so lovingly

Maybe stay out of it .

Maybe it is a waste of money . You don’t now their financial situation do you ? Maybe there are up to their eyeballs in debt and therefore wasting money on gifts is a silly.

Or maybe your dad is a jerk . Who knows .
Original post by Anonymous

Just talk to your dad politely and tell him that your mom brought it for him with care. He shouldn't have done that, even if he didn't like it or whatever. Tell him you and your mom will be happy if he accepts it. Also, you can request your dad to say sorry to your mom. Everything will go back to normal then. A happy family! :smile:

Remember sometimes little things are more precious in our life than money.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending