The Student Room Group

Should I break up with my bf before going to uni

Basically I am going to uni and my bf isn't we are going to be 3 hours away from each other, also with me being in halls I feel I would be tempted to cheat, is it best to break up before I go off to uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Basically I am going to uni and my bf isn't we are going to be 3 hours away from each other, also with me being in halls I feel I would be tempted to cheat, is it best to break up before I go off to uni?

if you’re feeling tempted to cheat then that means you don’t see you with your boyfriend long long term. if you aren’t able to trust yourself around other people when your boyfriend isn’t around for a while, it’s better to break up as opposed to cheating. if you only have feelings for your boyfriend and know that other people aren’t an option, the relationship will be safe as long as you both put effort in.
"tempted to cheat" you should've broken up already.
Reply 3
If you feel you would be tempted to cheat, you should have already broken up with him out of all honesty. If you don’t see him as a long term thing, break it off.

No don't do that
Yes no point in LDR's they never work out
Reply 6

Yes, they can, if people are truly committed to their relationship.
(edited 1 year ago)

Wrong - they do
I would recommend that you do break up.
If you believe you would be disloyal then you don’t really love the guy and your relationship is not sustainable anyway.

So yes, this particular emotional investment should be written off.
Most pre-uni relationships end during uni + you admit you’ve got some hoe energy building up so yes, I’d say break up now.
Original post by Muttley79
Wrong - they do

I have never known an LDR work among anyone I know all broke up by the end of freshers week
I have never known an LDR work among anyone I know all broke up by the end of freshers week

Well I have ... married with adult children too.

Mine works! As have those of family and friends.
Wrong - they do

Mutt old boy. Still mathsing around?
Original post by Mad Man
Mutt old boy. Still mathsing around?

I'm female ...
Mm
Reply 17
Wrong - they do

Or at least they can……… sometimes.
Reply 18

This has nothing to do with going to uni if you feel that you would be tempted to cheat. Your relationship has just run its course, so be honest and tell your bf and let him move on.
I'm female ...

Sorry I didn't ñow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending