The Student Room Group

A Level Exam Topics

I am retaking 1 of my A-Levels. Should i avoid revising the topics that came up last time to leave time and headspace for the other topics? Or is there a chance they could come up 2 years in a row?
Reply 1
Original post by JossAlf
I am retaking 1 of my A-Levels. Should i avoid revising the topics that came up last time to leave time and headspace for the other topics? Or is there a chance they could come up 2 years in a row?

I would definitely recommend revising all of the topics: I'd just say revise them less, e.g. spend a quarter of your revision time revising those past topics, and then the rest doing the others.

There are some topics that do come up in some form or another every year, but even if they've come up every year for the last 3, exam boards are a sneaky bunch haha and like to trick students in the worst ways possible. It's always safest to just revise them all.

Hope that helps! Best of luck with your resit and I hope all goes well :biggrin:
Reply 2
ahh okay, i should probably stop trying to get out of revision and get on with it haha. Thank you :smile:
Original post by {Moss}
I would definitely recommend revising all of the topics: I'd just say revise them less, e.g. spend a quarter of your revision time revising those past topics, and then the rest doing the others.

There are some topics that do come up in some form or another every year, but even if they've come up every year for the last 3, exam boards are a sneaky bunch haha and like to trick students in the worst ways possible. It's always safest to just revise them all.

Hope that helps! Best of luck with your resit and I hope all goes well :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by JossAlf
ahh okay, i should probably stop trying to get out of revision and get on with it haha. Thank you :smile:

haha I don't blame you, I'm not saying you need to do tonnes of revision for them but it's better than getting into the exam hall and getting a question like that. I think as an example, for GCSE English Literature, the character Eric has come up about 3 times as an exam question, whereas most wouldn't expect to see them again after one. Rather annoying, but unfortunately the exam boards don't have a sense of fair play :wink:. Glad to be of assistance, best of luck once more!

Quick Reply

Latest