The Student Room Group

PostGrad Funding

Hi There,

I am considering applying for a Masters (MSc actuarial management) starting this Sept. My previous degrees were all self funded. Would I be eligible for a loan?

Thanks,
Nadia
Original post by Nadia carine
Hi There,

I am considering applying for a Masters (MSc actuarial management) starting this Sept. My previous degrees were all self funded. Would I be eligible for a loan?

Thanks,
Nadia

Hi Nadia,

So long as you don't already hold a Masters you can apply for the Postgraduate Loan. The 23/24 applications are available now and you can apply online.

You can also find out more about the loan and how it works here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Graeme
Hi Graeme, unfortunately I already have a masters but it was also self funded. Does that mean I won't be eligible for loan?

How about maintenance loan, is it something I could get?

Thanks,
Nadia
Original post by Nadia carine
Hi Graeme, unfortunately I already have a masters but it was also self funded. Does that mean I won't be eligible for loan?

How about maintenance loan, is it something I could get?

Thanks,
Nadia

Hi Nadia, if you already old a masters qualification then you wouldn't be eligible to apply for funding. The Postgraduate Loan is a Contribution Loan towards the total cost of your course. It can be used for Tuition Fee Loan or Maintenance Loan at the student’s discretion. It is the student’s responsibility to pay the fees to the university.

As you already hold a masters qualification you wouldn't be eligible to apply for funding. I would advise to speak with your university and see if there is any funding or support they can offer. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending