The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Managing the exam season

Hi Everyone,

Wow this academic year has surely gone fast. Exam season is just around the corner and I think it is very important for me to hand out some tips and advice on how you can manage this as I know it can be stressful for some people!

1. Write your exam dates and times in your calendar This will help you remember what days and times you have exams. Also if you are doing in-person exams this year then it is important you know what building and room you are in advance so you know where to go and what to do on the day. I have my schedule printed out and stuck on my desk so I remember them!

2. Plan out your revision schedule If you are like me and have multiple exams for different modules, I recommend creating a revision timetable so you make sure you are balancing out the amount of work you are doing on each module. For example I do work psychology for 1 hour and then have a 15 minute break and then work on educational psychology for 1 hour etc.

3. Take breaks Go for a walk, go hang out with friends and family. Make sure you take some time for yourself so that you are not overworking yourself. Even if you are just lying in bed watching Netflix, these are great ways to keep your mental health in check. DMU have lots of student support with well-being through our HealthyDMU Hub! https://www.dmu.ac.uk/healthy/index.aspx

4. Find creative revision techniques. One way I have enjoyed studying for exams is booking out syndicate rooms on the DMU Library Website https://library.dmu.ac.uk/DMUand going through exam content with my friends, I find it helps discussing topics in order to understand them more. We do study nights every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday! Mind-maps are also very creative ways of remembering information.

5. Get a good nights sleep and eat healthily . It is very important that you wake up fresh for the day so try and get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Also make sure you maintain a balanced diet, remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It does help with your concentration levels.

We all understand exams can be stressful but I wish everyone the best in them, I am sure you will all do very well.

Best Wishes,
Tianna :smile:
Thanks really helpful advice 😀
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending