The Student Room Group

I didnt get the scholarship, but a friend whose essay I reviewed got it.

Hi. I’m feeling disheartened and bitter about this. I helped a friend with the same scholarship i applied to, gave suggestions for the essay which were incorporated by said friend. I can’t help but feel a little bitter, although I am happy that they got it because her financial situation isnt as good as mine. They deserved it. I cant help but think that I shouldve taken my own advice or something for the scholarship essay. Also they wrote about their domestic abuse story, I thought I shouldnt be mentioning stuff like that. I’ve experienced physical, sexual and emotional abuse, and my immediate family has a history of mental illness. Do you think I shouldve revolved my essay around that? :/ I feel selfish for feeling like this but I cant help it if im being honest.
Should have just wrote a sob story like you hear on talent shows.
I just don't think it's a good use of your time to think about what you could have written unless you're planning on reapplying to the scholarship.
Reply 3
Original post by Guru Jason
Should have just wrote a sob story like you hear on talent shows.

I really should have. Ugh i wouldve done a great job writing my abuse sob story. I thought since these type of stories are already overused, i believed the admissions team would not appreciate it. Will need to do that next time :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending