The Student Room Group

Am I overthinking

Been seeing this guy for a few months and it's been going so well. We're exclusive, and I genuinely have no interest in anyone else and it seems like he feels the same way. We see eachother at least twice a week and have done since our first date.

However, this week he seems to have been a bit off with me. I don't know if I'm being a bit dramatic as I am a massive over thinker.

He's usually super on it with texting me, basically all day long but he's been really bad with texting me this week and not giving any explanation. I'm aware people get busy but it's so unlike him. Also, he's yet to suggest seeing me at all this week which is also unlike him as I would have normally seen him at least once by now.

I've had to suggest doing something this weekend which I think he seems keen about. Perhaps he wants me to put in more effort I don't know.

Do you think I should bring it up when I next see him? Or should I just leave it as it might make me seem abit crazy and overdramatic.

My ex cheated on me so I think this made my overthinking worse and has left me with trust issues unfortunately.
I don't think you're over reacting/ crazy/ dramatic. As you mentioned, this is out of the norm for him so your emotions are understandable. However, I don't think he's doing anything malicious. Maybe he's been having a bad week or some family/work related issues are bothering him.

What I would suggest is that you perhaps reach out to him and schedule a time to meet (like you said.. on Saturday). Once in person, you could ask him about his week.
Original post by StalkersAdmirer
I don't think you're over reacting/ crazy/ dramatic. As you mentioned, this is out of the norm for him so your emotions are understandable. However, I don't think he's doing anything malicious. Maybe he's been having a bad week or some family/work related issues are bothering him.

What I would suggest is that you perhaps reach out to him and schedule a time to meet (like you said.. on Saturday). Once in person, you could ask him about his week.

Thank you for your reassurance.

I think we've got some plans for this weekend so will try gauge how he's feeling and bring it up.
That sounds perfect! Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous #1
Been seeing this guy for a few months and it's been going so well. We're exclusive, and I genuinely have no interest in anyone else and it seems like he feels the same way. We see eachother at least twice a week and have done since our first date.

However, this week he seems to have been a bit off with me. I don't know if I'm being a bit dramatic as I am a massive over thinker.

He's usually super on it with texting me, basically all day long but he's been really bad with texting me this week and not giving any explanation. I'm aware people get busy but it's so unlike him. Also, he's yet to suggest seeing me at all this week which is also unlike him as I would have normally seen him at least once by now.

I've had to suggest doing something this weekend which I think he seems keen about. Perhaps he wants me to put in more effort I don't know.

Do you think I should bring it up when I next see him? Or should I just leave it as it might make me seem abit crazy and overdramatic.

My ex cheated on me so I think this made my overthinking worse and has left me with trust issues unfortunately.

hi!
i don’t think this is overreacting but i think you should bring it up with him before you get yourself overly stressed or upset over it!

you never know until you ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending