The Student Room Group

Sex and birth control

Me (18) and my boyfriend (19) had sex twice, it lasted for a few mins. We don't really feel anything. Is sex suppose to feel that way or are we doing this wrong? We are using condoms at the moment, but my boyfriend mum wants me on the pill to be on the safe side, what's the side effects of taken the birth control? Does it affect to get pregnant in the future? Thanks in advance.
No it shouldn't affect your fertility in the long term.

Many people can have side affects so it's best to research about them, best way is to search in YouTube and you will find many helpful resources. It may be mood swings, head aches, change in period etc. There are many different types of pills and other types of contraception take your time and choose them wisely.

And its normal to not feel anything if the condom is thick, perhaps try a thinner or a dotted condom for better sensation.
Original post by Anonymous
Me (18) and my boyfriend (19) had sex twice, it lasted for a few mins. We don't really feel anything. Is sex suppose to feel that way or are we doing this wrong? We are using condoms at the moment, but my boyfriend mum wants me on the pill to be on the safe side, what's the side effects of taken the birth control? Does it affect to get pregnant in the future? Thanks in advance.

Using a condom should not by itself cause you to feel so little. Have either of you had sex with anyone else? If so, did you feel anything then?
Reply 3
No it shouldn't affect your fertility in the long term.

Many people can have side affects so it's best to research about them, best way is to search in YouTube and you will find many helpful resources. It may be mood swings, head aches, change in period etc. There are many different types of pills and other types of contraception take your time and choose them wisely.

And its normal to not feel anything if the condom is thick, perhaps try a thinner or a dotted condom for better sensation.

Okay thank you. This helps a lot. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Using a condom should not by itself cause you to feel so little. Have either of you had sex with anyone else? If so, did you feel anything then?

No, we haven't had sex with anyone else. This was our first time together.
No, we haven't had sex with anyone else. This was our first time together.

Well, without going into too much detail was there plenty of foreplay? Can either of you reach orgasm in ways other than PIV sex?
Reply 6
Well, without going into too much detail was there plenty of foreplay? Can either of you reach orgasm in ways other than PIV sex?

Yes, there was plenty of foreplay. He can reach orgasm but I can't yet. What's PIV sex? Penis in Virgina?
Yes, there was plenty of foreplay. He can reach orgasm but I can't yet. What's PIV sex? Penis in Virgina?

Yes that's what I meant by PIV. Do both of you feel nothing during it? Do you feel much with other forms of sexual activity?
Okay thank you. This helps a lot. :smile:

No worries, happy to help 😊
Reply 9
Yes that's what I meant by PIV. Do both of you feel nothing during it? Do you feel much with other forms of sexual activity?

He says he can't really feel much during it. The same as me. I can feel other things of sexual activity.
He says he can't really feel much during it. The same as me. I can feel other things of sexual activity.

Hmm... There could be various factors in play, such as position ,but it's difficult to discuss them publicly.
Reply 11
Hmm... There could be various factors in play, such as position ,but it's difficult to discuss them publicly.

Oh okay. Thank you for the help. :smile:
Oh okay. Thank you for the help. :smile:

What I can say is talk about it, experiment and relax.
Reply 13
What I can say is talk about it, experiment and relax.

Okay thank you. I guess we both was kinda nervous about everything lol. Thank you again.
Okay thank you. I guess we both was kinda nervous about everything lol. Thank you again.

No worries. Remember your sex life is a marathon not a sprint!
Reply 15
No worries. Remember your sex life is a marathon not a sprint!

Sorry, I don't understand lol. Can you rephrase that😅.
Sorry, I don't understand lol. Can you rephrase that😅.

You can't expect everything to be perfect at first. It's something that can develop over time.
Reply 17
You can't expect everything to be perfect at first. It's something that can develop over time.

That's what I been telling him. Practice makes perfect. Not everyone going to get it perfect first time. :smile:
Original post by Skye23
That's what I been telling him. Practice makes perfect. Not everyone going to get it perfect first time. :smile:

Absolutely! And people's tastes about what they like change over time.

Have fun practising! 😃
Reply 19
Thank you, I will 😅.

Quick Reply

Latest