The Student Room Group

Why am I so mean to everyone?

I don’t know why and I can’t help it. I really really want to change because once I say something I shouldn’t have, I really regret it and start getting upset.
I’m horrible to my older sister and my younger brother. My sister thinks I hate which, which I don’t. But when I try to show her affection, she pushes me away.
My little brother always tries to hang out with me and I just shout at him to go away and now I’m crying because I’m such a horrible sister.
I really want myself to change but I can’t help it. How can I change? My sister is so much older than me yet we don’t have a relationship at all
There's a reason why you feel like being mean. Sometimes we regret things we've done but often we forget there was a trigger to feel that way in the first place, which could be very valid. Just because you appear "mean" doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong, if that makes sense. It could be something that they say or do which makes you upset? The fact that you show willingness to change itself is a sign you're not as bad a person as you might think.

Maybe try to communicate openly with how you're feeling so others better understand. If there are problems share it with someone you trust. Sometimes we all need a break from certain people and situations so go for a walk, engage yourself in something that makes you feel happy and excited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending