The Student Room Group

Someone reached out...

Someone reached out to me whom I don't think I wanted to hear from again. & I thought I was over it. But as I read the message from her earlier this afternoon... I could just feel the anger rising inside me all over again.

It's been about 12+ months since we last spoke & ended on bad terms. She said she never wanted to see me again. Even tried to accuse me of stalking. Claimed she reported something to the police about me (which was a lie, I found out later from the police themselves).

She made some excuse up that something was delivered 'by accident' to my address instead of hers, which I don't believe (because she's done similar gibberish in the past), and that she wants to pick it up from my place. The only delivery that arrived at my place by mistake was a few days after she moved out, and she just called reception then instead of dealing with me. The only stuff of hers that arrived at my address since then has been junk mail. Also I checked with reception, and they haven't received anything. I also have a video doorbell that recorded no missed deliveries. Finally, she said in the same message that she'd like to get a coffee.

Mainly, I'm curious just to find out what she wants (I'm sure the 'delivery' thing is nonsense). Curious what exactly 'changed her mind' about wanting to stay in touch. Part of me is vainly hoping that maybe she realises the wrong things she did. On the other hand, there was not one time she ever directly admitted anything like that even in the slightest, although she showed at various points that she was aware of this flaw in her personality. She would rarely initiate any conversation unless she needed or wanted something.

My hesitation is that I doubt that much good will come out of this interaction. Also the longer I take to respond, the more likely she will think I'm playing some sort of 'game' with her (because that's how her mind works). She was never apparently capable of understanding that perhaps people don't feel responding to her for other reasons. Maybe they're busy. Or maybe just need time to think. Or maybe they simply don't want to talk to her.
Reply 1
Bossman I know its hard but clearly this individual is not a good person for you. Best to stay way and move on
Reply 2
Stay as far away as you can bro.
Reply 3
This person seems very toxic. You've listed several reasons why she is not in your life anymore. I suggest you keep it that way.
No one that crazy ever changes.
Good luck and stay strong mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending