The Student Room Group

Transferring University

I'm a first year undergrad student and I was considering either transferring into second year at another uni, or redoing first year at another uni. Whilst the first option does seem a lot more appealing, it may be quite difficult especially as the universities I looked at required application during the UCAS window. Does anyone know what I can do and how I can go about with applications?
You need to submit a UCAS application to transfer.

Are you sure the universities you’re considering have closed their courses? Universities will often stay open for yr 2 entry applications past the UCAS deadline (and loads of courses are still open for yr 1 applications).
Reply 2
Most universities have on their website that you should apply via UCAS and on UCAS the courses I like say "Closed For Entry". Is there a feature which shows courses that are still open?
Original post by wingedangel
Most universities have on their website that you should apply via UCAS and on UCAS the courses I like say "Closed For Entry". Is there a feature which shows courses that are still open?

Have you filtered for year 2 entry?

The only reliable way to find out is to pick up the phone and ring them.

(Fwiw - MOST courses are still open for yr 1 and yr 2 entry, if you find that most of the universities you look at are closed then you need to widen your search - something like 90% of courses are still open).
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you filtered for year 2 entry?

The only reliable way to find out is to pick up the phone and ring them.

(Fwiw - MOST courses are still open for yr 1 and yr 2 entry, if you find that most of the universities you look at are closed then you need to widen your search - something like 90% of courses are still open).

where do I do that? Is that done by clicking 2022-2023 entry?
Original post by wingedangel
where do I do that? Is that done by clicking 2022-2023 entry?

It’s on course search on ucas. You can filter for open courses and year of entry.
Reply 6
Ok, thanks so much
Original post by PQ
It’s on course search on ucas. You can filter for open courses and year of entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending