The Student Room Group

Going on holiday in 2 week and getting part time job at mcdonalds

So basically I go on holiday in 2 week for one week and have just got a part time job at McDonald’s and didn’t mention it. Do you think they would be fine with me going on holiday or will they reject it?
Reply 1
Do you start the new job before you go away? If yes, you need to tell your line manager asap.

I can't think of any job that would be okay with you taking 2 weeks of leave at the very start where it wasn't pre-agreed at point of employment. They've hired you because they need staff, they will be co-ordinating rotas and expecting you to integrate into the team when you start. You may also have a probationary period, this is usually about 3 months and it's common for employers not to approve any annual leave in this time period. Have a look at your contract to see what their policy is for leave.
Reply 2
Original post by James10455
So basically I go on holiday in 2 week for one week and have just got a part time job at McDonald’s and didn’t mention it. Do you think they would be fine with me going on holiday or will they reject it?

Tell them now before they confirm the rota for the 2 weeks you are away. They might not be happy, but it is what it is. Do not delay, as the earlier they can plan the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending