The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography

I have taken a gap year and from what im hearing is that the course (diagnostic radiography) is hard and stressfull. Is it hard because of the content material or is it hard because of the amount of content you have to go through? I hope it isnt both. Is 1st hard or easy? as people usually say. I will be studying at BCU
Have you done any work experience in a radiology department yet? Because that will give you a good idea of what its like. You will also be able to speak to staff and students there.

Yes, the volume of work is a lot. The content, well that depends. There's anatomy and especially physics which some people find harder than others. Placement is also hard, the standards are (quite rightly) high. Its mentally, physically and emotionally demanding.

But its also an incredibly rewarding career and you have a near certainty of finding employment when you graduate. And its not like its an impossible degree - thousands graduate from radiography courses every year. But yeah, don't pick it if you want an easy 3 years at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest