The Student Room Group

Always doing stuff I regret when drunk

I'm always doing stuff when I'm drunk but I want to stop drinking any advice on how I can change my behaviour?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm always doing stuff when I'm drunk but I want to stop drinking any advice on how I can change my behaviour?

Find yourself a mentor, someone who will hold you accountable when you go back to it but still at the end of the day only you can change your ways It’s tough I get it but if you really want to stop you’ll do everything possible to get out of here’s a couple of advice don’t go to parties or stay away from any temptation that could lead to it. You could go to your friends parties for sure but are you tough enough to not get peer pressured into drinking again ?. If your friends won’t respect your wishes. Maybe you should new friends
Reply 2
Original post by 21scope
Find yourself a mentor, someone who will hold you accountable when you go back to it but still at the end of the day only you can change your ways It’s tough I get it but if you really want to stop you’ll do everything possible to get out of here’s a couple of advice don’t go to parties or stay away from any temptation that could lead to it. You could go to your friends parties for sure but are you tough enough to not get peer pressured into drinking again ?. If your friends won’t respect your wishes. Maybe you should new friends

That's my problem I feel pressured to drink at parties and I end up doing something stupid like with a guy
That's my problem I feel pressured to drink at parties and I end up doing something stupid like with a guy

Pressured by who?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Pressured by who?

My friends
My friends

Then you have to learn how to say no. If they're real friends they will accept your decision. If they press you to drink knowing that you will do "something stupid like with a guy" then they're not your friends, are they?
If they respect your choice not to drink, then cool but if they don’t and tries to peer pressure you again, find new friends cause it will not end up good for you unless you take action to better yourself.

Then stop drinking. Before it reaches a point where it actually becomes difficult or people really start talking about your antics. Maybe find some new friends too.

I realised, probably 13-14 years ago that I dislike drunk me and that I felt I was only drining, most times, because everyone else was. Made it easier to stop when you don't like what it's doing.

Now, I can have a few N/A beers for taste but I'm equally happy with a lemonade and I still have a laugh with mates and on work socials. :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
My friends

Have you attempted to explain to them that you no longer want to drink?
Reply 9
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Have you attempted to explain to them that you no longer want to drink?

Yes but then they call me a wuss
Yes but then they call me a wuss

Time to find new friends I think
Reply 11
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Time to find new friends I think

I'm trying to break away they always take the **** when I'm drunk or end up hooking up with a guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending