The Student Room Group

How to revise for an exam I have no clue about in 2 days?

I have an exam for my second year of uni in 2 days. I have no knowledge of this module I never attended a lecture. How the hell do I even begin this journey. I could really use some help in creating a set of concise notes to revise from. Is it even possible to learn all of it in one go?
I don't know if it's possible but you're going to have to try, and/or resit in the summer.

Going through the lectures would be a good place to start. Make yourself take notes as you listen so a) you have to pay attention (do not just copy the powerpoint!!) and b) you have something to look back through. At the end of each one write a few key points to read through before you go into the exam.

Once that's done, spend any time you have left doing any sample questions and looking at bits you don't understand in more detail. Make sure you know the structure of the exam and that you're going in in as good a state as possible (had food, water, sleep etc). Other than that just do what you can I guess, and don't put yourself in this situation again!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by furryface12
I don't know if it's possible but you're going to have to try, and/or resit in the summer.

Going through the lectures would be a good place to start. Make yourself take notes as you listen so a) you have to pay attention (do not just copy the powerpoint!!) and b) you have something to look back through. At the end of each one write a few key points to read through before you go into the exam.

Once that's done, spend any time you have left doing any sample questions and looking at bits you don't understand in more detail. Make sure you know the structure of the exam and that you're going in in as good a state as possible (had food, water, sleep etc). Other than that just do what you can I guess, and don't put yourself in this situation again!

Thank you for the help, honestly after evaluating all my options during the night my best option is to miss the exam and focus on the other 2 I have later this week and next. I'll do a resit for this in August, not focus all my time into one module.
Original post by SirFreb
Thank you for the help, honestly after evaluating all my options during the night my best option is to miss the exam and focus on the other 2 I have later this week and next. I'll do a resit for this in August, not focus all my time into one module.

That sounds a sensible plan. Good luck for the other two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending