The Student Room Group

Looking to change course after my FY ends.

I'm on the verge of passing my foundation year in education and childhood, however, I didn't pass the interview for primary ed, so I want to change my course entirely for next year.

I've been looking into accounting and business which seems perfect but employability is quite low. My dad recommended biomed and radiology, but neither are for me, radiology would have been perfect but I don't want to work in a environment around the general public.

My strengths include analytics, numeracy, observation, diy.
Reply 1
Original post by weirdstranger
I'm on the verge of passing my foundation year in education and childhood, however, I didn't pass the interview for primary ed, so I want to change my course entirely for next year.

I've been looking into accounting and business which seems perfect but employability is quite low. My dad recommended biomed and radiology, but neither are for me, radiology would have been perfect but I don't want to work in a environment around the general public.

My strengths include analytics, numeracy, observation, diy.

I reckon, you're doing the International Foundation Programme, aren't you?

You can look into courses like CS, IT, Robotics and AI-related ones.

Whatever you want, just make a quick decision and start applying. Otherwise, it'll be too late.
Original post by Meheraj
I reckon, you're doing the International Foundation Programme, aren't you?

You can look into courses like CS, IT, Robotics and AI-related ones.

Whatever you want, just make a quick decision and start applying. Otherwise, it'll be too late.

No, I'm a UK student, got until 5 July for clearing anyway so I've got time.
Reply 3
Original post by weirdstranger
No, I'm a UK student, got until 5 July for clearing anyway so I've got time.

Okay, then. Good luck! :crossedf:
Reply 4
Unless you have A level Maths or a very high GCSE Maths grade, forget Accounting or Management, and for any science degree you will need science A levels or Level 3 BTEC.

A Foundation in Education & Childhood is only good for a Humanities or Social Science subject at degree level.

You could take a year out, get some relevant work experience with children, and try again for teaching.

Or you could look for an apprenticeship instead - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Reply 5
Why do you think accountancy has low employability? Is that because you are an overseas student looking for a visa to stay in the U.K.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending