The Student Room Group

entry year has been changed on my application?

likely a silly question, but just wanted to get some input as i dont know anyone from school who's had this happen, and don't know anyone outside of it who ever went to university.

2 of my choices were for the same course; one for the normal course, the other with a foundation year as a 'safety net'. i don't know if this is a common thing to do, but my school agreed with my decision to do that. however, i received an email earlier today saying something has been changed on one of my applications, and the only difference i could see was the foundation course entry year has been changed from year 0 to year 1.

does this mean that theyve already decided that i'm not eligible for the foundation year, and are instead solely considering me for the year 1 entry? or did i make a mistake on my application by putting year 0 for the foundation course?
(edited 2 months ago)
Sometimes a FY has its own course code and isn’t year 0 of the main programme. The FY is just a standalone course with no year zero itself.
This is likely the case if you applied for year 1 and the FY, as I don’t think UCAS will let you apply for the same course twice with different entry points.
Original post by Admit-One
Sometimes a FY has its own course code and isn’t year 0 of the main programme. The FY is just a standalone course with no year zero itself.
This is likely the case if you applied for year 1 and the FY, as I don’t think UCAS will let you apply for the same course twice with different entry points.

the foundation year course does have its own course code! i should've just put the entry for that as year 1 (though i think my teachers must've been a bit confused as well, as they instructed me to put it in like that). i knew i was being a bit silly, thank you for your response!
Reply 3
Sometimes Unis will have specific entry criteria for Foundation courses, or they reserve them for those who have weak grades - ie. who couldn't apply for Year 1. Just give the Uni and call, and ask them.
Original post by McGinger
Sometimes Unis will have specific entry criteria for Foundation courses, or they reserve them for those who have weak grades - ie. who couldn't apply for Year 1. Just give the Uni and call, and ask them.

In this case they'd applied for both so it looks like it was just admin as the FY itself doesn''t have a year 0.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending