The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Student loan

Ive signed to do a MA in education. I applied for student loan. Am i right to pay for the module with my card and ill get the student loan later? Will ou automatically notify sfe
Hi!

Congratulations on deciding to continue your education! That sound exciting :smile:

Student Finance England pays tuition fees straight to the university. When they get your application, they establish an agreement with the university and pay the tuition fee in agreed instalments.

I hope that makes sense :wink: If you have any questions, I will be happy to help!

Take care,

Julia
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by joanneshenley
Ive signed to do a MA in education. I applied for student loan. Am i right to pay for the module with my card and ill get the student loan later? Will ou automatically notify sfe

There should be an option on the application to say that SFE will be paying (it might say something like sponsor payment). I'd advise not to pay on your card. If you pay upfront, it might be difficult to get the money back. If you're not sure, contact OU support by phone and they'll be able to talk you through it.

Good luck with your course 😁👍

Quick Reply

Latest