The Student Room Group

using a laptop in exams

how does using a laptop in exams work. Is spellcheck taken off and are you able to change colour in the document you type in. Also are you able to rejiggle paragraphs and things because that's the main concern for my exam. In the past when I have done written exams my essays tend to be very disorganised and I often cross out big sections of paragraphs only to add them back on to the end when I find a link. Also when I was assessed my typing speed was average and my handwriting speed was slightly over average. Also I can't touch type I can only type using only one finger from each hand without looking.
Original post by michaela002
how does using a laptop in exams work. Is spellcheck taken off and are you able to change colour in the document you type in. Also are you able to rejiggle paragraphs and things because that's the main concern for my exam. In the past when I have done written exams my essays tend to be very disorganised and I often cross out big sections of paragraphs only to add them back on to the end when I find a link. Also when I was assessed my typing speed was average and my handwriting speed was slightly over average. Also I can't touch type I can only type using only one finger from each hand without looking.

at my school they use an exam software that does not have spell check but otherwise its just like a normal word document where you can edit paragraphs easily and move them around
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
at my school they use an exam software that does not have spell check but otherwise its just like a normal word document where you can edit paragraphs easily and move them around

do you know what its called?
Nah I don't sorry im only in there for exams and my mind is obviously focused on other things then lol
do you know what its called?
Reply 4
Nah I don't sorry im only in there for exams and my mind is obviously focused on other things then lol

oh alr sorry for asking so many questions but when ur writing in the exam is the actual exam format (like the questions) on the actual laptop or are you give a hard copy of the exam paper and then made to type your answers out?
Currently im sitting my A levels and I got given a hard copy of the exam paper as well incase I wanted to plan in it or if I wanted to handwrite any of the questions
oh alr sorry for asking so many questions but when ur writing in the exam is the actual exam format (like the questions) on the actual laptop or are you give a hard copy of the exam paper and then made to type your answers out?
Reply 6
Currently im sitting my A levels and I got given a hard copy of the exam paper as well incase I wanted to plan in it or if I wanted to handwrite any of the questions

oh right thanks now I'll know what to expect

Quick Reply

Latest