The Student Room Group

Need some advice on an online dating situation

So there’s this girl I was chatting with daily on hinge, and we’d been talking for a fair bit. Our original conversation died off, and so I left it for about a month until I decided to shoot her a message again.

Knowing the nature of these apps, I didn’t expect a response. But she actually replied to me, and a new conversation picked up for a few days. A few days ago, she responded to my last message literally instantly (like a minute after I sent mine). Her reply was offering a different day for this idea I suggested, and I agreed to it.

Cue the next day, I sent her a little reminder just to make sure she was ready for tomorrow. I had no response. Then on the day I sent her another message, which had no response. I’m now perplexed and sat wondering if I’ve done something wrong. I can’t see why the dynamic changed so easily, and so I’m unsure what to do.

Should I send her one last message, just saying something along the lines of ‘hey, our conversation has fallen off a bit but I would like to get to know you better. I just wanted to check in and see if you’d be interested carrying this on in person?’

OR should I just leave it. I kinda don’t wanna do this because she’s cool, but at the same time ghosting someone isn’t cool so idk.

Either way I need a break from these apps. They’re exhausting
Reply 1
:c

noo. don't online date. she's moved on. there's no point messaging.
Reply 2
I would leave it. She’s either flakey or you’re just a commodity amongst multiple options she’s toying with. Either way it’s not good and this is why dating apps are so exhausting
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
:c

noo. don't online date. she's moved on. there's no point messaging.

Original post by Zarek
I would leave it. She’s either flakey or you’re just a commodity amongst multiple options she’s toying with. Either way it’s not good and this is why dating apps are so exhausting

Thanks guys - sadly I didn’t check this and already decided to send one last message this morning. Either way though it’s a win win for me, as she either responds and we meet up or she doesn’t and nothing changes. I haven’t lost anything by trying

But yeah they definitely are exhausting and I’ve deleted everything but hinge, and I’ll be deleting hinge in a few days time too. I already feel better having deleted these apps, they’re genuinely so bad for mental health it’s unreal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending