The Student Room Group

Boss keeps moving performance reviews forward

Any guesses why my manager keeps moving my reviews forward to a later date? I had a 4 month probation review instead of a 3 month one which seems unfair and it was bad. I’ve been desperately trying to improve and now my last 6 month review has been pushed forward a week. I’m now over a week past my 6 month review. Should I be worried? They have mentioned that I have improved after my last review and to keep up the good work but I’m getting panicky because I want to know the outcome, it’s just always delayed. [this is my first “proper” job btw. ] Help?!
Reply 1
Original post by lucyjane1233
Any guesses why my manager keeps moving my reviews forward to a later date? I had a 4 month probation review instead of a 3 month one which seems unfair and it was bad. I’ve been desperately trying to improve and now my last 6 month review has been pushed forward a week. I’m now over a week past my 6 month review. Should I be worried? They have mentioned that I have improved after my last review and to keep up the good work but I’m getting panicky because I want to know the outcome, it’s just always delayed. [this is my first “proper” job btw. ] Help?!

Sounds like a crap manager to me. The rule of thumb is hire slow, fire fast so if you were that bad you'd have gone by now.

In truth your reviews are probably low priority so don't worry.
Original post by lucyjane1233

Could be due to a variety of reasons. But my guess is just that the manager is slow. Feel free to remind him.
If you were that bad though they would have got rid of you by now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending