The Student Room Group

Relationship problems

My boyfriend sometimes is irritable towards me and is really cold for no reason and it makes me really upset like i start sobbing and then he says im overreacting and it makes me really upset like i dont know what to do, i know im an emotional person but its not my fault i’ve grown up my whole life being mistreated, and even now I still react to it really emotionally - like , I’d never do something like this to him so why does he do it to me? I’ve told him to stop, and that even me asking my own boyfriend to be NICE TO ME is stupid, I shouldn’t have to do that. And last time he did this he promised even though I shouldn’t have believed him he promised to stop and it hurts even more he hasn’t. We have a good relationship literally 99% of the time but when this happens I feel like my whole world is crashing down, it’s over the phone this stuff happens and it’s literally me sobbing because my brain simply doesn’t understand why he does it. I hate it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend sometimes is irritable towards me and is really cold for no reason and it makes me really upset like i start sobbing and then he says im overreacting and it makes me really upset like i dont know what to do, i know im an emotional person but its not my fault i’ve grown up my whole life being mistreated, and even now I still react to it really emotionally - like , I’d never do something like this to him so why does he do it to me? I’ve told him to stop, and that even me asking my own boyfriend to be NICE TO ME is stupid, I shouldn’t have to do that. And last time he did this he promised even though I shouldn’t have believed him he promised to stop and it hurts even more he hasn’t. We have a good relationship literally 99% of the time but when this happens I feel like my whole world is crashing down, it’s over the phone this stuff happens and it’s literally me sobbing because my brain simply doesn’t understand why he does it. I hate it.

if you have to ask him to be nice to you, that should say a lot in itself. a partner should be doing that for you unprompted - but it sounds like you rely on him a lot to make you feel better. please try and learn how to make time for yourself with things like hobbies, maybe baking or watching a new show. I'm sorry about your situation, and I can't tell you to leave him but I really hope you don't keep in this cycle of begging for attention from somebody who came into the relationship to love and look after you.
all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending