The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL contextual offer eligibility tool

I used the UCL eligibility tool for contextual offers (access scheme), and it says I am eligible due to meeting (one of) the postcode criteria. I was just wondering how accurate this was, and if (assuming I get an offer) my offer would definitely be contextual? My predicted grades do meet the standard offer aswell (I do know meeting the grades does not guarantee me an offer). The website also says that applications which qualify will be flagged, but when you send off your application do you need to fill anything specific out? Or does it automatically recognise you as eligible based on the information you’ve provided? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I used the UCL eligibility tool for contextual offers (access scheme), and it says I am eligible due to meeting (one of) the postcode criteria. I was just wondering how accurate this was, and if (assuming I get an offer) my offer would definitely be contextual? My predicted grades do meet the standard offer aswell (I do know meeting the grades does not guarantee me an offer). The website also says that applications which qualify will be flagged, but when you send off your application do you need to fill anything specific out? Or does it automatically recognise you as eligible based on the information you’ve provided? Thanks!

Hi, did you find answer? Because im wondering the same now
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
when you apply via ucas you enter personal details such as your address that are used automatically to determine things like POLAR (postcode eligibility) for the university's consideration. you don't need to do anything

post-offer, if you qualify, you may have the option to apply for financial aid from the university (scholarships). additionally, when applying for SFE, i believe you can check a box to automatically apply for some financial aid programmes (bursaries)

Original post by Imti777
Hi, did you find answer? Because im wondering the same now
As before, you do not have to do anything, your application is flagged automatically if it is about postcode or age or any box that you can tick on the UCAS form (for example, there is a box for care experienced students)
However, if you read the whole page, it tells you what to do if you fall into a category that is not autmatically deduced from your application (carer, estranged etc.).
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
As before, you do not have to do anything, your application is flagged automatically if it is about postcode or age or any box that you can tick on the UCAS form (for example, there is a box for care experienced students)
However, if you read the whole page, it tells you what to do if you fall into a category that is not autmatically deduced from your application (carer, estranged etc.).

What if my postcode isn’t eligible but im on benifits and really low household income? Can ucl consider me for contextual offer.

Postcodes literally 3 minutes walk from I house are eligible i really dk why mine isn’t, its so dumb.
Original post by Imti777
What if my postcode isn’t eligible but im on benifits and really low household income? Can ucl consider me for contextual offer.

Postcodes literally 3 minutes walk from I house are eligible i really dk why mine isn’t, its so dumb.

They have to have a cutoff somewhere. It's the same as having one point less than the minimum.
Original post by Imti777

Why don't you check the 'access ucl' page and email them? Worstcase scenario you're in the situation you think you're in now. Best case maybe they will consider you? Don't put any bets on it but two minutes to send an email can't hurt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending