The Student Room Group

Student finance question - likely to fail second year, but completed all three terms

Because of personal reasons that I don't really want to get into, my chances of passing my second year at uni are slim to none. However, I'm choosing to complete my third and final term and do my exams in a deferral period.

If I fail my second year, even though I've stuck out all three terms to the end and am fully planning to sit my deferred exams, will I be classed as having been overpaid by student finance?
Original post by 8unknown7
Because of personal reasons that I don't really want to get into, my chances of passing my second year at uni are slim to none. However, I'm choosing to complete my third and final term and do my exams in a deferral period.

If I fail my second year, even though I've stuck out all three terms to the end and am fully planning to sit my deferred exams, will I be classed as having been overpaid by student finance?

As long as you don't officially withdraw from uni before the end of August you will have still completed the year so you won't have been overpaid in terms of the maintenance loan.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
As long as you don't officially withdraw from uni before the end of August you will have still completed the year so you won't have been overpaid in terms of the maintenance loan.

This is what I wanted to know, thank you very much! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending