The Student Room Group

What career options do I have with DDE A levels

Hi, so I flopped my exams, due to many circumstances but i don't know where to go from here. resitting is not an option unfortunately. But what career paths could i pursue with such bad grades. Are there any good degree apprenticeships i could apply to? I don't want to do a cop out degree either, I want to be able to be independent and pursue a career path with progression. With my culture, unfortunately only some degrees are acknowledged and the rest, not so much and its a scary thought because nothing will be good enough and i'm not tryna get married off lol. What should I do
Original post by AllAnonymous3122
Hi, so I flopped my exams, due to many circumstances but i don't know where to go from here. resitting is not an option unfortunately. But what career paths could i pursue with such bad grades. Are there any good degree apprenticeships i could apply to? I don't want to do a cop out degree either, I want to be able to be independent and pursue a career path with progression. With my culture, unfortunately only some degrees are acknowledged and the rest, not so much and its a scary thought because nothing will be good enough and i'm not tryna get married off lol. What should I do

Apply for degrees with a foundation year ?

I got a degree apprenticeship offer from HSBC for CCC this year in commercial banking for an apprentice starting salary of 28k, which is like literally the highest you can get (bar a few exceptions like Lloyd's). So there are most likely going to be degree apprenticeships that can accommodate for your grades - you'll just have to search harder, and maybe negotiate with employers.
Reply 3
Any updates?
Reply 4
hi where are you at now?
Reply 5

Hey I am not sure about degree apprenticeships because most want minimum 96 UCAS points which is roughly CCC but you could try to do an apprenticeship equivalent to A levels and progress from there (level 4 apprenticeship?). You could also try doing a foundation year degree in uni for example i applied for a foundation year for accounting and finance and they wanted DDD. Best of luck !!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending