The Student Room Group

A level results

I recently moved to Uk. I had taken A levels exams privately. I prepared my A levels in 2 months and that was a bad idea. I have gotten DDE in chemistry biology and physics respectively. Moreover I’ve also completed my high school education in my home country with 94%. Do you think I’ll get any place in university in any field of biology and chemistry? I had also taken gcse maths exams and going to take IELTS next month. I can’t afford to resit in A levels again. Is there any way out from me? Please guide me on this regard.
Have you looked to see whether any universities accept your country’s high school qualification for entry onto a degree?
University websites will usually have country pages that list what qualifications they ask for
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you looked to see whether any universities accept your country’s high school qualification for entry onto a degree?
University websites will usually have country pages that list what qualifications they ask for

I’ll check that. Can I get admission if I do a foundation year?
Original post by IzzaSaleem
I’ll check that. Can I get admission if I do a foundation year?

Possibly but it’s a very expensive choice that will severely restrict your choices of universities
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Possibly but it’s a very expensive choice that will severely restrict your choices of universities

Can you please tell me how it’ll restrict my choice of universities?
Original post by IzzaSaleem
Can you please tell me how it’ll restrict my choice of universities?

A foundation year only guarantees progression to the university offering the foundation year. They are university specific courses not universally recognised qualifications

Quick Reply

Latest