The Student Room Group

Slept with my friends crush

Basically me and my boyfriend of 5 months broke up and naturally i'm gutted. The next day he hooks up with someone at a club. Two days after this i go to a party and i end up talking to this lovely guy all night, at the time it just didn't register in my head but my friend had said when we bumped into him before that she thought he was really cute and fancied him. He's so lovely to me all evening and its the first time i've been able to not think of my ex and not just be trying to hold back tears the whole time. We live on the same road and so he offers to walk me home, i invite him in for a cup of tea and then we end up kissing and doing some other things, which i think really i wasn't ready for and didn't actually want to do but i thought it might make me feel better. Then at 4 in the morning i get a horrible drunk text from my friend who says - how dare i speak to and sleep with her crush (she currently is talking to like 4 different men at least, none of which he is, also didn't sleep sleep with him just other stuff). i text her back and lie to her about what happened and said nothing did which i know i shouldn't have. And she says she needs space from me. I know i'm an awful person can someone please give me some advice.
Reply 1
I’d say she’s being a bit unreasonable, mind you it is arguably bad form to get off with someone a mate has seen first. These things do happen though
Reply 2
I don't think you've done anything wrong, to be honest.
Nice bit of drama here
Original post by Anonymous
Basically me and my boyfriend of 5 months broke up and naturally i'm gutted. The next day he hooks up with someone at a club. Two days after this i go to a party and i end up talking to this lovely guy all night, at the time it just didn't register in my head but my friend had said when we bumped into him before that she thought he was really cute and fancied him. He's so lovely to me all evening and its the first time i've been able to not think of my ex and not just be trying to hold back tears the whole time. We live on the same road and so he offers to walk me home, i invite him in for a cup of tea and then we end up kissing and doing some other things, which i think really i wasn't ready for and didn't actually want to do but i thought it might make me feel better. Then at 4 in the morning i get a horrible drunk text from my friend who says - how dare i speak to and sleep with her crush (she currently is talking to like 4 different men at least, none of which he is, also didn't sleep sleep with him just other stuff). i text her back and lie to her about what happened and said nothing did which i know i shouldn't have. And she says she needs space from me. I know i'm an awful person can someone please give me some advice.

It's difficult on all sides, though you didn't have any intentions of doing those things they still happened. I can understand why your friend is upset and it is a good idea to keep some distance for now. Though your friend and this guy were never together and weren't even at the talking stage or anything; on top of all this she's interested in others too. So it's not like she can reserve any and all guys to her liking - that's so unfair. She is being a bit over the top with saying the 'how dare you speak to him blah blah' give her space and be honest with her when the time comes - you don't owe her any more than that.
Do it again for good measure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending