The Student Room Group

What is the best way to apply for a job after finishing GCSEs?

I’ve applied to multiple jobs via Indeed and so far I’ve had no luck. I’ve tried many jobs but, I’m not sure a really stand out as a candidate worthy of employment. Any tips on how I can appear to be a better candidate?
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
I’ve applied to multiple jobs via Indeed and so far I’ve had no luck. I’ve tried many jobs but, I’m not sure a really stand out as a candidate worthy of employment. Any tips on how I can appear to be a better candidate?

I feel like I keep answering your questions today.

I thnk it's more productive to start with which specific types of jobs you intend to apply for. I could give you advice on how to apply for certain jobs, but the same advice can be completely wrong (or not as effective) for another role.

If you only have GCSEs, you have next to nothing of note in your CV. The relevant GCSEs that employers would even look at would be Maths and English Language. Anything else would depend on the specifc role.
Reply 2
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu

i kinda disagree with thee other perSON
ive used indeed and ppl rang me bak (and im still in scool lol)
make sure ur CV is top quality and u added all right info
waffle as hek, but not too much, rlly sell urself out
in the skills and stuff, say im friendly, i rlly believe teamwork is key because....
im confident because... (add a buncha examples)
in school, if u nevr were head whatever or prefct (like me), say stuff that u did that helped ppl or teachers
employers dont just want grades they want someone worthy and someone u can trust
link urself to the job role, if u applying to be a nursery person, be like oh i love lil kids, im rrly resposible and that
or for a doctor, im resposible, teamwork is key umm im rlly helpful and always put patients no.1
theres loads of stuff
if u did work experience DEFO put that down, like in the work bit....shows u got experience and stuff. but if u dont, say ive not got any experience however say something like once i did this...or i did that..... give 1 or 2 examples
im here if u needa ask anythin else
hope this helped lol
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending