The Student Room Group

Best banking for year abroad in the US

I’m going to be studying in the US (Illinois) next year for the academic year and was wondering if anyone could help with banking. I don’t know which bank would be best to use or if it is worth opening an American bank account. I know Monzo is usually a good option but I applied a year ago and got rejected (I’m not 100% sure why) so that option is out of the question. I’m looking at Revolut currently, is the standard plan good or is it only good if you upgrade? Any help is appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Adam202020
I’m going to be studying in the US (Illinois) next year for the academic year and was wondering if anyone could help with banking. I don’t know which bank would be best to use or if it is worth opening an American bank account. I know Monzo is usually a good option but I applied a year ago and got rejected (I’m not 100% sure why) so that option is out of the question. I’m looking at Revolut currently, is the standard plan good or is it only good if you upgrade? Any help is appreciated.

Have a look at opening a Chase bank account. You can use it fee-free abroad & you get other benefits such as cashback on purchases.
Reply 2
Original post by issy_shep
Have a look at opening a Chase bank account. You can use it fee-free abroad & you get other benefits such as cashback on purchases.

Is that a Chase UK bank account?
Reply 3
Original post by Adam202020
Is that a Chase UK bank account?

https://www.chase.co.uk/gb/en/product/chase-account/

You open an account using the app.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending