The Student Room Group

Question about council tax!

Hi, so I'm living in a flat signed under a 1 year lease as this was my only option in limited properties when I decided to study my PGCE somewhere else pretty last minute.

I know full time students are exempt from council tax. But I've just handed in my work. Is that the day my student-status is officially over and I need to pay council tax from now on? Or is there an official written end date of each course? Probably a really daft question!:')
Reply 1
Original post by bi32wu
Hi, so I'm living in a flat signed under a 1 year lease as this was my only option in limited properties when I decided to study my PGCE somewhere else pretty last minute.

I know full time students are exempt from council tax. But I've just handed in my work. Is that the day my student-status is officially over and I need to pay council tax from now on? Or is there an official written end date of each course? Probably a really daft question!:')

I would contact your university to check. If required they should be able to issue with a letter that you can give to the council (as evidence of your being a student) that bears your course dates, and so they should be able to tell you what end date they would put on it. I would guess that it would be the last day of the last term of your course.
Original post by martin7
I would contact your university to check. If required they should be able to issue with a letter that you can give to the council (as evidence of your being a student) that bears your course dates, and so they should be able to tell you what end date they would put on it. I would guess that it would be the last day of the last term of your course.

yes i agree. most likely the last of term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending