The Student Room Group

best companies to work for as a student?

I need a reliable job with decent benefits and I'm wondering if anyone knows which companies take the best care of their employees.
not a specific response but on the GiGL app they are super transparent about the benefits of a company eg. if they offer a meal per shift or discount. There's loads on the app so its probs a good place to start?
Original post by dukecal
I need a reliable job with decent benefits and I'm wondering if anyone knows which companies take the best care of their employees.

I used to work for mcdonalds. They are very flexible with regard to schedule/shifts, usually above minimum wage pay, free meal on your break on shift, social events etc.
Reply 3
Local councils have really great pay, holidays and pensions. I had an interview with one recently and I was amazed by the amount of young people working there. Most looked under 25. The receptionist looked 16-18

Big retail companies such as Marks and spencer, John Lewis and Sainsbury's have employees benefits and discount. Tesco's is horrible though.

The Banks also have decent benefits with great career progression if you're willing to put in the work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending