The Student Room Group

unconditional offer help

I was kicked in my first year of university for failing exams. This year when applying I have an unconditional offer from durham with one of the conditions being.

"Evidence of being in good standing with your institution. This means confirmation in writing from
your most recent institution that you did not leave due to disciplinary issues, academic failure or
failure to meet financial obligations."

Since I got kicked out for first failing exams would that would fall under "academic failure" yes? if so is there any point in me submitting documents to see if they'd accept me? should I just assume they wont accept me and focus on my other offers for my firm and insurance choice? thanks!!
Its likely they wont take you but theres no harm in trying, also make sure to reassure them that youll try your best if you can
I think it would be a waste of time submitting it to them tbh.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
I think it would be a waste of time submitting it to them tbh.

You think? are they usually very strict with the conditional requirements and wording. thanks for replying by the way
Reply 4
Unless you have very good.
mitigating reasons why you were kicked out then I also think you should would be wasting your time.
Original post by Justforfirst
You think? are they usually very strict with the conditional requirements and wording. thanks for replying by the way

Best case scenario: They follow-up by asking for further info and let you provide details of some mitigating circumstances like ill health or a bereavement.

If they didn't care about academic underperformance without mitcircs, they wouldn't waste time asking for the evidence of good standing, they'd just make an offer like your other choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending