The Student Room Group

Employment in forensics for an international student in the UK

I have finished my masters in forensic science in November 2022 and my bachelors has been in biotechnology engineering. so as of now I am on my post study work visa valid until 2024. since, getting a job in forensics is not applicable until I am a in Uk for 3 years , I have been looking life science related jobs. but I haven't been successful there either. its making me worried. should I until them look for some part time and maybe before my visa expires is studying another degree maybe in digital forensics, a good idea? or should I just return back to India.
Original post by Yashu Moduga
I have finished my masters in forensic science in November 2022 and my bachelors has been in biotechnology engineering. so as of now I am on my post study work visa valid until 2024. since, getting a job in forensics is not applicable until I am a in Uk for 3 years , I have been looking life science related jobs. but I haven't been successful there either. its making me worried. should I until them look for some part time and maybe before my visa expires is studying another degree maybe in digital forensics, a good idea? or should I just return back to India.

I think you should Work part time and study another degree before your visa runs out because it’s really good to work in this country before returning to India
Reply 2
Original post by Stephaniep1
I think you should Work part time and study another degree before your visa runs out because it’s really good to work in this country before returning to India

I guess you are right.. thank you
I would note in general, the forensic science sector in the UK has not been growing for the last 10+ years as far as I know, and is a relatively small sector with a fairly stable workforce. So essentially this means, there tend to not be a great number of openings, and somewhat limited progression too when you get into one of the entry level positions.

I would say just look for any kinds of suitable jobs and don't restrict yourself specifically to the forensic science sector (which is very small) or even necessarily lab based roles or bioscience related roles. Consider also roles in e.g. policy, the management side of things, outside of those sectors entirely, etc. As no matter what, getting some relevant work experience in any sector can be very useful and you can leverage that alongside your qualifications to potentially later move into something in the forensic or more generally biotech-pharma sectors :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you so much, will start expanding my view

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending