The Student Room Group

Should i ask to be paid for my 21 hour Work trial?

To recap: I applied for an Assistant Pharmacist Apprenticeship position because i want to get into the healthcare industry and luckily they got back to me through my job Agency asking me to do a 3 day work trial (7 hours per day) which i happily accepted as i wasn't getting much luck with my other applications.

Fast forward to today: i finished my 3rd work trial day today and just went home but now im not sure what happens after today? I really loved working with the people there, the job is harsh on the feet but the bubbly colleagues and easy work made it bearable. I hadn't messed up a single task during my trial, and i only had to be told how to do each thing once and i cracked on, completed my work in a reasonable amount of time to the point where there was barely any work left to be done around the pharmacy.

The only thing is, the manager who is meant to be in charge of the pharmacy, wasn't there at all while i was doing my work trial there, so no one was really assessing my abilities. When i showed up the first day, the colleagues were confused as no one was informed about my arrival.

But anyways, no one had sat down and spoke to me or even told me that they would email me about whether i get the apprenticeship or not, so im feeling really lost at the moment. I kind of feel a bit like I've been used for free labour and then forgotten about.

I just emailed a consultant from my work agency to ask what i should do about this situation (hasn't responded yet) but i thought i should ask on here for different opinions as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending