The Student Room Group

haven't signed contract for my job

I got this job as a retail assistant at a pharmacy, i do it two days a week and started on 29th nov and 30 Nov, but these days were trial days and unpaid. Last week was my first official week, however, there was no mention of any formality and contracts, i asked will i be signing a contract, and she said yes that will happen soon, but don't worry about that, and i should give it my all. I have a feeling that if i dont mention the singing contract, it just won't happen., as she seemed quite hesitant about her answer. I just want to know if i will be paid for this month or not, but i dont know how to ask, or maybe they just give it at the end of the month, but how will they do that if i dont give my account number, but they also cant make me work for free for a month. Also this a my first job (18), and it is a family-owned pharmacy, not a well know brand eg. specsaver
Reply 1
It’s entirely reasonable to ask how you will be paid and I would politely clarify this immediately. As to the contract, although it’s a legal requirement I am sure you are right as this is widely ignored in small businesses. I would let it lie for a little while until you settle in as you have precious few employment rights for now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending