The Student Room Group

Will my theatre studies a level prevent me from a Cambridge offer?

I’m currently in year 12 studying 4 a levels: English literature, History, Theatre Studies and biology aswell as an EPQ. I want to study English at Cambridge and so am considering dropping Biology to focus on my other 3 a levels that are more related to English. My only worry is that Theatre Studies will disadvantage me, is it respected enough at Cambridge for them to them to potentially make me an offer or would it be better if I kept biology?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently in year 12 studying 4 a levels: English literature, History, Theatre Studies and biology aswell as an EPQ. I want to study English at Cambridge and so am considering dropping Biology to focus on my other 3 a levels that are more related to English. My only worry is that Theatre Studies will disadvantage me, is it respected enough at Cambridge for them to them to potentially make me an offer or would it be better if I kept biology?

They state that Performing Arts is a “less helpful” subject which we can read as being some disadvantage, but not excluded outright.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/before/choosing-high-school-subjects

Most applicants have at least one risky option, but it’s your choice where to use it.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Drop the EPQ and carry on with Biology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending