The Student Room Group

Transfer affected by strikes

Hi! I’ve just finished doing a foundation year and I have a condition offer of 65% to study at honestly my dream university! I have worked really hard on all of my assignments and submitted them all on time etc etc, however obviously because of the strikes two assignments have not been marked which means two modules are missing from my report. I received my report today and the two affected modules have been given an ‘L’ grade, which I understand to be some kind of temporary grade until they can get the marks? The problem with this for me though is that I have to send my marks off to the university that I want to transfer to by the end of August and I have no idea if they will be marked by then. Ignoring those two modules, I have 68% which meets my offer, but I’m not sure if that will be accepted? I have emailed both universities, honestly my current one has not been helpful at all and all the information they give me is directed at students who are staying there (which i absolutely do not want to do lmao), i do have another offer, my insurance choice is unconditional but I would much rather go to my firm, and I will be so heartbroken if the reason I can’t is something not really in my control. I haven’t heard back from my firm uni yet (but did just email like 15 mins ago tho so that’s fine lol). Just wanted to come on here and see if anybody had any advice or knowledge on how this will work, I’m also a first generation student so can’t really go to my family for advice, I’m just really stressed and nervous and a bit down about it all. Thanks!
Reply 1
All you can do is talk to the Universities and explain what is happening.
Reply 2
Original post by toffeebunny3
Hi! I’ve just finished doing a foundation year and I have a condition offer of 65% to study at honestly my dream university! I have worked really hard on all of my assignments and submitted them all on time etc etc, however obviously because of the strikes two assignments have not been marked which means two modules are missing from my report. I received my report today and the two affected modules have been given an ‘L’ grade, which I understand to be some kind of temporary grade until they can get the marks? The problem with this for me though is that I have to send my marks off to the university that I want to transfer to by the end of August and I have no idea if they will be marked by then. Ignoring those two modules, I have 68% which meets my offer, but I’m not sure if that will be accepted? I have emailed both universities, honestly my current one has not been helpful at all and all the information they give me is directed at students who are staying there (which i absolutely do not want to do lmao), i do have another offer, my insurance choice is unconditional but I would much rather go to my firm, and I will be so heartbroken if the reason I can’t is something not really in my control. I haven’t heard back from my firm uni yet (but did just email like 15 mins ago tho so that’s fine lol). Just wanted to come on here and see if anybody had any advice or knowledge on how this will work, I’m also a first generation student so can’t really go to my family for advice, I’m just really stressed and nervous and a bit down about it all. Thanks!

Im in a similar situation, just having finished my BSc and trying to get to MSc, this is from another post I made:
"""
I have an MSc offer at KCL, my current uni (royal holloway) need to provide me with: provisional degree certificate, official letter on header paper, and a transcript they deem final. I have one module unmarked (even taking i get 0/100 I would have the grades for my MSc).
For the last month I have been trying to get my department(EPMS) to provide me with these 3 documents, with no success. They don't reply to my emails, and when calling the office, they tell me to wait to the end of the week for a response, my email is on the to-do list. Still no email responses ...

So I raised a formal complaint with my Uni, long story short "Academic Investigations team will be taking no further action at this stage", they have just forwarded my complaint to the EPMS manager, I don't know what to expect, and there is only another month until the deadline (and start) of the MSc course.

What do I do now, the deadline is a month away, and I've been actively trying to get updates/help for a month, with absolutely no progress from my department?!
"""
Original post by Raph6
Im in a similar situation, just having finished my BSc and trying to get to MSc, this is from another post I made:
"""
I have an MSc offer at KCL, my current uni (royal holloway) need to provide me with: provisional degree certificate, official letter on header paper, and a transcript they deem final. I have one module unmarked (even taking i get 0/100 I would have the grades for my MSc).
For the last month I have been trying to get my department(EPMS) to provide me with these 3 documents, with no success. They don't reply to my emails, and when calling the office, they tell me to wait to the end of the week for a response, my email is on the to-do list. Still no email responses ...

So I raised a formal complaint with my Uni, long story short "Academic Investigations team will be taking no further action at this stage", they have just forwarded my complaint to the EPMS manager, I don't know what to expect, and there is only another month until the deadline (and start) of the MSc course.

What do I do now, the deadline is a month away, and I've been actively trying to get updates/help for a month, with absolutely no progress from my department?!
"""

Have you spoken to KCL? If you send on the correspondence with RHUL showing that you are trying to get the required documents and what results and transcripts you have received then they might be able to be flexible.

Universities admissions staff are aware that the MAB is affecting applicants and they will normally have some flexibility (especially if you don’t require a visa) to accept students with alternative documentation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending