The Student Room Group

Where can i make my CV for free?

Hello i just finished Year 11 and now i want to get a job and in order to do that for some jobs they require CV's but the places i went they require subscriptions which i am not interested in doing so. How/where can you make your CV for Free? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by JimmyJackwagons
Hello i just finished Year 11 and now i want to get a job and in order to do that for some jobs they require CV's but the places i went they require subscriptions which i am not interested in doing so. How/where can you make your CV for Free? Thanks!

Hi, i wish you all the best with your job search:smile:
So, you can use indeed, they've got a cv template that you can use, then you fill it in with your information. It is free
Also, do you have acess to word document? You can create a cv on there and then save it/ upload it when necessary
Otherwise, i just copied and pasted a template off google images, then edited it with my details.
Sorry these are all basic ideas from me
Reply 2
Just find a temple on googgle and make something similar in whatever word processor you use
Original post by JimmyJackwagons

Hi @JimmyJackwagons

When I made my CV I literally just put a table into a word document (to allow me to have easily adjustable columns) and made the borders invisible. My friend just typed his into word and used bold fonts and spacing to format it. I know word also has some pre-made templates, but I'm not sure how good they are as I've not personally used them. I'd recommend looking for inspiration online and seeing if any formats catch your eye!

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending