The Student Room Group

really worried about what might happen

a few days ago i found out someone who i had a massive dispute with when i was in y11 is going to the same uni as me.
basically i used to be quite insensitive and mocked this girl for what she posted on social media, she rightly took offence to this and i did end up apologising however we weren’t really close after that, and we never saw eachother again since we went to different sixth forms.
i’m kind of worried though because uni is meant to be about having a fresh start and all that, idk what to do really, i’m wondering if i should reach out to her or just put the past behind me
Original post by Anonymous
a few days ago i found out someone who i had a massive dispute with when i was in y11 is going to the same uni as me.
basically i used to be quite insensitive and mocked this girl for what she posted on social media, she rightly took offence to this and i did end up apologising however we weren’t really close after that, and we never saw eachother again since we went to different sixth forms.
i’m kind of worried though because uni is meant to be about having a fresh start and all that, idk what to do really, i’m wondering if i should reach out to her or just put the past behind me

I’d say just don’t get involved with her unless you literally bump into her, because if you’ve already apologised then there’s no need
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
I’d say just don’t get involved with her unless you literally bump into her, because if you’ve already apologised then there’s no need

fair enough i’m just worried if she’s still holding grudges against me or something idk
Reply 3
The bottom line is, you don't know what she is thinking or how she is feeling so the thing to try and avoid is catastrophising - i.e. seeing the situation from the worst possible angle.
I would wait and see what happens if/when you bump into her.
I agree with the previous post not to get yourself tangled up with her again - be polite, don't linger, keep any interaction to a minimum. Let things find their own level.
Reply 4

Unless you happen to be studying the same subject and/ or are on a tiny campus uni, the chances that you meet up are minimal.
Reply 5
Original post by cheadle
The bottom line is, you don't know what she is thinking or how she is feeling so the thing to try and avoid is catastrophising - i.e. seeing the situation from the worst possible angle.
I would wait and see what happens if/when you bump into her.
I agree with the previous post not to get yourself tangled up with her again - be polite, don't linger, keep any interaction to a minimum. Let things find their own level.

yeah true i just cba to carry on with something that we sorted out more than two years a ago hope she feels the same way
Reply 6
Original post by Euapp
Unless you happen to be studying the same subject and/ or are on a tiny campus uni, the chances that you meet up are minimal.

i think she’s also studying something business related so we might see eachother in the business school of the uni?
Reply 7
i think she’s also studying something business related so we might see eachother in the business school of the uni?

Is it a big uni? Business courses have literally hundreds of students in each cohort so you won’t have to sit next to her or anything unless you wanted to. And similarly you probably won’t be in the same uni halls.
I really wouldn’t worry about it. You have apologised so move on.
Reply 8
Original post by Euapp
Is it a big uni? Business courses have literally hundreds of students in each cohort so you won’t have to sit next to her or anything unless you wanted to. And similarly you probably won’t be in the same uni halls.
I really wouldn’t worry about it. You have apologised so move on.

it is fairly big but i’m pretty sure we aren’t on the same course.
i’m just putting it behind me now and hoping she will do the same
Reply 9
it is fairly big but i’m pretty sure we aren’t on the same course.
i’m just putting it behind me now and hoping she will do the same

Best idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending