The Student Room Group

can i go inside the uni to speak to admissions

hi so i have been trying to contact the university admissions that im trying to apply for few months now i have emailed them no response for couple of months have phone them never get put through or admissions says always closed even when i get transfferedfrom main office to admissions , is it alright for me to just walk into the uni and ask to speak to admissions there bit worried since its summer and its not an open day for me to just walk in but im leaving the country for a month and wont be around to reach out what do i do ?sorry for this rant im just not getting no response to aid my application and im just lost and frustrated
Reply 1
Original post by memean204
hi so i have been trying to contact the university admissions that im trying to apply for few months now i have emailed them no response for couple of months have phone them never get put through or admissions says always closed even when i get transfferedfrom main office to admissions , is it alright for me to just walk into the uni and ask to speak to admissions there bit worried since its summer and its not an open day for me to just walk in but im leaving the country for a month and wont be around to reach out what do i do ?sorry for this rant im just not getting no response to aid my application and im just lost and frustrated

hello! I think the admissions person might be okay having a chat but I suspect most buildings won't let you in! Have you tried emailing them on linkedin?

Otherwise, perhaps you can try posting your question on the forum and people might help?

Good luck x
Which university is it and what email address are you using to ask for help (and what help do you need)?

Hi!

Sorry, that must be really frustrating. I'd say avoid going into the uni, most likely the person you'd need to speak to won't be around or available but it's really up to you. Are there other lines you could try, it might be the case that the phonelines are just always full up and so you can't get through. Do you also know if you are emailing the right place? I know for most Unis there are a million different emails. Or on the website sometimes there is a chat to student button or a speak to an academic. Those might also help you get on track if you're stuck with your application.

I get the frustration though, it's a very stressful time but you seem to be preserving through and I'm sure it'll all work out for you :smile:

- Jessica
1st Year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Which university is it and what email address are you using to ask for help (and what help do you need)?

kingston university , im using the admissions email given to me by phone and through email by main desk when they pick up to put me through
[email protected]
im trying to transfer my credits i did from my foundation year at my previous uni to this uni because i dont want to repeat another year
kingston university , im using the admissions email given to me by phone and through email by main desk when they pick up to put me through
[email protected]
im trying to transfer my credits i did from my foundation year at my previous uni to this uni because i dont want to repeat another year

Try contacting https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=5933146 to see if they can help
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Try contacting https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=5933146 to see if they can help

thank you just did that , need to wait for a reply now fingers crossed
Just to note that most admissions teams are processing offices and not geared up to meet visitors. I can only advise persisting with phonecalls, livechat or the student rep.

NB. Their Admissions Policy linked on the following page, (AP1), suggests that yes, they do consider transfers.

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/aboutkingstonuniversity/howtheuniversityworks/policiesandregulations/#blockid23283

"Credit Transfer
The University welcomes applicants who wish to join our courses at a later stage, gain exemption from specific modules or part of a course.

If you have existing qualifications or prior experience and you think you might qualify for Recognition of prior Certificated Learning (RPCL) and/or experience through Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL), you can apply via the normal route.

If you wish to directly join the start of the second or subsequent year, you should make this clear in your application, citing whether this will be on the basis of existing qualifications (RPCL) and/or experience (RPEL)."
If it’s just about acceptability of your FY then I would say get your ucas application submitted and make a clearing application for yr 1 entry. That’s the quickest way to get an answer
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
Just to note that most admissions teams are processing offices and not geared up to meet visitors. I can only advise persisting with phonecalls, livechat or the student rep.

NB. Their Admissions Policy linked on the following page, (AP1), suggests that yes, they do consider transfers.

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/aboutkingstonuniversity/howtheuniversityworks/policiesandregulations/#blockid23283

"Credit Transfer
The University welcomes applicants who wish to join our courses at a later stage, gain exemption from specific modules or part of a course.

If you have existing qualifications or prior experience and you think you might qualify for Recognition of prior Certificated Learning (RPCL) and/or experience through Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL), you can apply via the normal route.

If you wish to directly join the start of the second or subsequent year, you should make this clear in your application, citing whether this will be on the basis of existing qualifications (RPCL) and/or experience (RPEL)."

thank you for your reply but does
normal route mean i just apply via the ucas way to start for first year rather than another foundation year
thank you for your reply but does
normal route mean i just apply via the ucas way to start for first year rather than another foundation year

Yes, I read it as 'via UCAS' whether you wanted to join for Year 1 or 2 of the full course.
Reply 11
(Original post by Admit-One)Yes, I read it as 'via UCAS' whether you wanted to join for Year 1 or 2 of the full course.

much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending