The Student Room Group

How to Prepare for Clearing

Hi everyone! :smile:

I thought I would put together my personal top tips for preparing for clearing on A Level results day. These helped me when I went through the process and stopped my head spinning on the day!

1) Find courses you like at other universities that might be slightly below your regular entry requirements for your insurance choice. This means having a look through the module lists and finding a few you like.

2) Write down the clearing phone numbers for that university. On pretty much every uni website right now their clearing phone number should be plastered in most places.

3) Rank them in order of preference. If results day doesn't go your way it can be a panicky morning where it is hard to think and plan clearly. If you have this all prepared it could save you a lot of stress, whether you need clearing or not!

Good Luck,
Nathan :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi everyone! :smile:

I thought I would put together my personal top tips for preparing for clearing on A Level results day. These helped me when I went through the process and stopped my head spinning on the day!

1) Find courses you like at other universities that might be slightly below your regular entry requirements for your insurance choice. This means having a look through the module lists and finding a few you like.

2) Write down the clearing phone numbers for that university. On pretty much every uni website right now their clearing phone number should be plastered in most places.

3) Rank them in order of preference. If results day doesn't go your way it can be a panicky morning where it is hard to think and plan clearly. If you have this all prepared it could save you a lot of stress, whether you need clearing or not!

Good Luck,
Nathan :smile:

Hi, I know that people cannot apply through clearing to their firm and insurance choices if they get rejected. But can they apply to the other universities they had offers for if they did not choose them for their firm or insurance?
Original post by JHK101
Hi, I know that people cannot apply through clearing to their firm and insurance choices if they get rejected. But can they apply to the other universities they had offers for if they did not choose them for their firm or insurance?

Yes - if the courses are in clearing then you can apply for them. There is an official Clearing FAQ 2023 thread that is worth a read:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264
Original post by JHK101

As normaw said above, yes you can :smile:

It is also worth noting that before your firm/insurance reject applicants on results day, they look at near miss candidates or people who may have gotten in when considering the clearing entry requirements. So you will have already been assessed for clearing by your firm/insurance, and that is why you can't apply for them through clearing, if that makes sense? :smile:

Hope this helps!
Nathan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending