The Student Room Group

If I apply for a new UCAS application next year, will I lose my all my references?

My teacher told me that they've all put references in my application for this year. I might take a gap year and apply next year, so I want to carry them on until then. I can't really find them on my application on the website, but I assume they're still part of my application somewhere regardless. If I do take a gap year I'll probably lose contact with my teachers as I'm not in school anymore. Could I lose my references?
You can just nominate the same referee and they can provide the same reference (or a slightly updated one).
Original post by Komodo772
My teacher told me that they've all put references in my application for this year. I might take a gap year and apply next year, so I want to carry them on until then. I can't really find them on my application on the website, but I assume they're still part of my application somewhere regardless. If I do take a gap year I'll probably lose contact with my teachers as I'm not in school anymore. Could I lose my references?

You won’t lose your references no, but you may have to contact your current references to update or reaffirm their consent for use as a referee when you apply again next year :smile:

Hope this helps,
Dom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending