The Student Room Group

Total cost for Dual LLB/JD with the Chinese Uni of Hong Kong (M127)

The uni website says this:
Please note: In years 3 and 4 of the programme, students will pay the tuition fees directly to the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Students will not be eligible for a tuition fee loan from the Student Loan Company for years 3 and 4 of the programme but remain eligible to apply for a maintenance loan for the period of time that they are studying on this programme in Hong Kong.

Fees for 2023 entry are as follows:

HK$181,800* for Year 3 CUHK JD Programme (based on expected course load of 30 units)

HK$163,620* for Year 4 CUHK JD Programme (based on expected course load of 27 units)

However I'm not sure if this will be the total cost including the accommodation and if I will be given a loan for this amount as it says:
There are no additional fees associated with the study of this course. However, successful applicants would need to consider the costs of relocating to Hong Kong after the end of their 2nd year at Exeter.

However it also says I can only get a maintenance loan, can anyone say what the total cost will be for me?
Original post by nelson585
The uni website says this:
Please note: In years 3 and 4 of the programme, students will pay the tuition fees directly to the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Students will not be eligible for a tuition fee loan from the Student Loan Company for years 3 and 4 of the programme but remain eligible to apply for a maintenance loan for the period of time that they are studying on this programme in Hong Kong.

Fees for 2023 entry are as follows:

HK$181,800* for Year 3 CUHK JD Programme (based on expected course load of 30 units)

HK$163,620* for Year 4 CUHK JD Programme (based on expected course load of 27 units)

However I'm not sure if this will be the total cost including the accommodation and if I will be given a loan for this amount as it says:
There are no additional fees associated with the study of this course. However, successful applicants would need to consider the costs of relocating to Hong Kong after the end of their 2nd year at Exeter.

However it also says I can only get a maintenance loan, can anyone say what the total cost will be for me?

Hi Nelson,

You would need to speak to your university regarding the cost, as they should have had students do this before on this course.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending