The Student Room Group

Feeling somewhat left out in uni gc

So I’ve been in a uni group chat for a few months now, will be going to that uni in September, however I don’t really talk in the group chat (have talked before exams started) and I was wondering how I can chat normally with the people because it seems like they know each other quite well.
Original post by Cloudster
So I’ve been in a uni group chat for a few months now, will be going to that uni in September, however I don’t really talk in the group chat (have talked before exams started) and I was wondering how I can chat normally with the people because it seems like they know each other quite well.

Hey @Cloudster

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Please try not to worry- it's unusual for people to make their closest friends in group chats before they start! Remember that there are lots of groups that won't have formed yet. I assume that this group chat is for your course or accommodation, but there will be plenty of other opportunities to meet people, for example when you start to join societies.

You might also find that the group dynamic is completely different in person and that it becomes much easier to talk to people once you've actually met them. Hope this helps!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Why not leave the chat as it clearly is doing you no favours and then when you get you uni make friends with actual people in real life? Much more wholesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending