The Student Room Group

Has anyone overcame erythrophobia

I have been blushing over literally nothing just small social situations since I was on high school, I am 20 now and still going through it but now it seems be me more prevalent and I'm scared it's going to stop me from doing things in life.
Genuine question- have you considered therapy as an option? If not you can try and employ their methods and see how it helps. Methods such as systematic desensitisation. Perhaps looking into coping mechanisms for anxiety can help? I'm not an expert but just a few suggestions if you don't know where to begin- especially since its beginning to affect your quality of life. I don't experience the phobia- and I hope this helps at least a little.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Genuine question- have you considered therapy as an option? If not you can try and employ their methods and see how it helps. Methods such as systematic desensitisation. Perhaps looking into coping mechanisms for anxiety can help? I'm not an expert but just a few suggestions if you don't know where to begin- especially since its beginning to affect your quality of life. I don't experience the phobia- and I hope this helps at least a little.

I honestly haven't it's all too expensive and waiting lists for CBT are too long sadly under the NHS. I just really wish this didn't happen to me because i feel like I won't be able to go further career wise. It's just like I turn into a red tomato and it's too embarrassing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending