The Student Room Group

Occupational health

Hi all

I am wondering if, after doing pre-employment checks, anyone was referred to occupational health and what exactly this entails?

Any info much appreciated!
Hi, I’m assuming this is for some kind of employment.

Basically if you put down you have a health condition (even very minor) on your pre-employment check you will likely then need to have an appointment with occ health.

In my experience, they just ask for more detail about anything you put on your health form and then ask about any accommodations you require due to the conditions you have listed.

I have to speak to occ health pretty much every time I get a new job due to the fact I disclose I have anxiety so it’s completely normal. Don’t worry about it and just be honest about any conditions you have and what you require from your workplace.
Reply 2
Original post by Lkathryn08
Hi, I’m assuming this is for some kind of employment.

Basically if you put down you have a health condition (even very minor) on your pre-employment check you will likely then need to have an appointment with occ health.

In my experience, they just ask for more detail about anything you put on your health form and then ask about any accommodations you require due to the conditions you have listed.

I have to speak to occ health pretty much every time I get a new job due to the fact I disclose I have anxiety so it’s completely normal. Don’t worry about it and just be honest about any conditions you have and what you require from your workplace.

Hi, Thanks so much for your reply. That's very reassuring. It's for a position in the HO as an EO. I've just been given my appointment with occupational health. I just worry in some way if I say too much of my needs it will go against me in some way!
Original post by Cookie.Stars
Hi, Thanks so much for your reply. That's very reassuring. It's for a position in the HO as an EO. I've just been given my appointment with occupational health. I just worry in some way if I say too much of my needs it will go against me in some way!

I mean it’s up to you what you disclose but if you genuinely think you need a suitable accommodation make sure to let them know.

Employers cannot discriminate because of illness or disability so as long as you are medically fit to do the job they can’t take it away on these grounds.

Also, it’s not like everyone will know about your health conditions, HR will have it on file and that’s it. If you chose to disclose that with anyone else that’s up to you but it’s not like they have a list of everyone’s health conditions on the notice board.
Reply 4
Original post by Lkathryn08
I mean it’s up to you what you disclose but if you genuinely think you need a suitable accommodation make sure to let them know.

Employers cannot discriminate because of illness or disability so as long as you are medically fit to do the job they can’t take it away on these grounds.

Also, it’s not like everyone will know about your health conditions, HR will have it on file and that’s it. If you chose to disclose that with anyone else that’s up to you but it’s not like they have a list of everyone’s health conditions on the notice board.

Thanks so much, that's great to know. Ya, I am always worried they would discriminate or could be led to thinking one wouldn't be able to do the job!
haha, glad to know it doesn't go on the notice board! 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending